Wednesday, December 29, 2010

HOW FAR HAVE YOU COME?

"I look back just to see how far I've come. How far is what you left behind, behind you?"


As the year comes to a close, it is customary to look back and see what changed, what stayed the same, and what can be improved upon. I do this every year at this time, take inventory and savor in my successes. I don't view what went wrong as failures, but as opportunties that opened me up to new ways of thinking and doing things.

I wanted to share some of my most impactful successes and expanded "opportunities" that changed the course of my life for the better. Before, I disclose the list, I do want you to take a minute to do the same and remind yourself as you reflect of the things you want more to experience in 2011.

Okay...here it is -- (these are in no particular order):

* Conducted my first Round-Table event for my book release, A Woman Like Me...A Man Like You - Relationships & Dating in the 21st Century
.

* Believed in myself enough to leave an unfulfilling corporate job that I absolutely hated in a down-economy...showed me I had enough faith, courage, and talent to live life on my terms.

* I took my coaching practice more serious than ever...guiding and educating clients on the power of "possibility living principles".

* Received national recognition as the "Possibility Diva" through The Review with Joy radio interview.

* Wrote two books, a few MORE choice words...Unleash, Passion, Power, & Purpose, and A Woman Like Me...A Man Like You and countless articles for other blogs, websites, and newsletters.

* Unleashed my inner-sexy by teaching a Beginner Bellydance class at the local recreation center.

* Shined as a media correspondent for my first ever live-on-location account of an awards gala event.

* Successfully branded my "Kim-ism" line of accessories, gifts, and apparel; giving people a dose of inspiration sealed with a kiss.

* Expanded my brand to include Possibility Living w/Kim radio where I can share possibility living principles by interviewing guests that have inspirational stories.

* Boldly tossed my hat in the ring to audition for the OWN network by creating and submitting a video to Oprah.com

* Was a featured contributor to the new book 40+ and Fabulous by Sondra Wright.

* Threw caution to the wind and ventured in the direction of a romantic relationship. Clue: NEVER throw caution to the wind when it comes to matters of the heart!

* Increased my overall income by 40% for the year! My initial goal was 50% at the beginning of the year...not bad...

* Created a signature process called the POSSIBILITY THINKER SYSTEM (tm) --- my clients are enjoying the success they are having with this system...find out more on Possibility Thinker.com


* Increased my social networth by engaging my friends in blogs and tweets...this has been a very rewarding process and I look forward to connecting even more. BTW...you are part of this success -- thank you!


Although, this is just a snapshot of the wonderful experiences I have encountered for 2010, it is a reminder to me and hopefully you, too, that when you expect great things...great things happen. I am expecting a magical unfolding for 2011 in all areas of my life. Like you, I have a list of expected outcomes, yet, I am humbly reminded that right now, this moment is all that is guaranteed. Having said that, enjoy NOW - relish in it and savor where you are...it's a blessing to be there.

Happy New Year to You and Yours!

*********


Kim Harris is a possibility living coach sharing possibility living principles with clients to help live a life of power and purpose. view sourceprint?1

No comments: